S4C is the only Welsh language television channel in the world. As a public service broadcaster, it commissions independent producers from across Wales to make the majority of its programmes. Franklin Rae was tasked by S4C to promote the second series of S4C’s flagship show Y Gwyl/Hinterland and demonstrate its success by announcing the commission for series three.
Position S4C as the champion of British bilingual drama and a creative force in the industry
- Drive viewership to the second series of Y Gwyll/Hinterland on S4C
- Position S4C as the primary broadcaster and co-producer of the series and continue to highlight the unique co-production model with Fiction Factory and all3media
- Demonstrate the shows continued success
Franklin Rae executed a successful programme publicity campaign and secured national coverage for Y Gwyll/Hinterland
Coverage was secured across broadcast, national, regional and trade press including C21Media, TBI vision, The Guardian, The Huffington Post, The Radio Times and The Metro
Makever is one of France’s leading scripted production groups, bringing together seven of the best independent French producers and delivering more than 50 hours of TV series, TV movies and Theatrical movies every year.
Makever produces scripted programmes for all of the main French television broadcasters and has partnerships with international broadcasters, producers and distributors.
Franklin Rae was tasked with enhancing Makever Group’s company profile during MIPCOM 2014 in the international trade press. The aim of which was to:
- Communicate Makever Group as one of the largest and most successful producers of French scripted content
- Highlight Makever Group’s success and ambition to drive international co-production
- Publicising the production’s high quality and international appeal
Franklin Rae secured and scheduled introductory meetings with key TV trade journalists at 2014’s MIPCOM including; The Hollywood Reporter, Broadcast Magazine and C21 Media.
Franklin Rae secured multiple company profiles and editorial comment features across a number of international trade publications (Broadcast, C21 Media, TBI, The Hollywood Reporter, Prensario, Monocle and MIPTV previews) which discussed the company’s key objectives and ambitions over the next year and highlighted their recent successes and upcoming projects.
Franklin Rae supported Makever at key events such as Content London, Berlin Film Festival and Rio Content Market and will be supporting them at this year’s MIPTV.
Zuku is the first triple play service and region-wide satellite pay TV service in East Africa. Owned and managed by the Wananchi Group, a leading provider of cable and internet services for the continent
Franklin Rae was asked to communicate the company’s position as:
- The leading triple play provider in East Africa
- A successful home-grown African broadcaster investing high-quality local content
- A respected broadcaster in the international TV market
- An African media success story supporting and developing local talent and industry
All communications produced excellent exposure for Zuku across the full range of international and African trade press. Franklin Rae secured 39 pieces of coverage with 100% positive tone. The overall reach for print coverage achieved between May 2013 and May 2014 spanned 46,000 readers internationally. Online news and features amassed in excess of one million monthly unique users throughout the period. We gave on the ground support at MIPCOM, MIPTV and DISCOP Africa.