Hopster is the UK’s leading interactive TV and learning platform for pre-schoolers, offering one of the largest line-ups of U-rated kids TV episodes across mobile, tablet devices and Smart TVs. Used by over one million families worldwide, the award-winning company has been integral in making screen time safe, fun and educational for children since 2013. As the global communications agency for Hopster, Franklin Rae delivers an international corporate and creative consumer PR strategy that aligns with the company’s business and commercial objectives.
- Increase Hopster’s brand, content and service awareness within trade and consumer press
- Increase engagement amongst new key influencers and strengthen existing influencer relationships
- Demonstrate Hopster’s continued success and growth
- Position Hopster’s CEO and founder as a leader in kids content
Since 2015, Franklin Rae’s ongoing PR engagement has resulted in increased visibility for Hopster within consumer and premium trade media. Our approach has successfully positioned them as a pioneering platform in the SVOD space where Hopster has become favourite for parents and teachers alike. They are regularly featured in titles including; Smallish, Prima, Guardian, TBI, Worldscreen, C21, and Kidscreen.
Hopster’s CEO Nick Walters is profiled as a leading and disruptive voice in the kids broadcast space, advocating safe and tailored content for kids. He is regularly invited to participate at leading industry events including Children’s Media Conference, MIPTV and TV Connect.
As a result of our outreach, Hopster is recognised as the leading kids learning and entertainment platform, with subscribers more than doubling from 400,000 to one million families worldwide. Our consumer activities have supported and nurtured a loyal network of followers in the blogging community reaching millions of parents across the UK.
PPL is a not-for-profit music licensing company which works on behalf of performers and record companies to licence recorded music played in public, in businesses, on broadcast TV, radio and online across the UK. Franklin Rae delivered a multi-layered PR campaign to highlight the value of PPL within trade media, create goodwill among its licensees and raise awareness that licences remain a legal requirement.
- Raise awareness of PPL as a not-for-profit organisation and highlight its role supporting musicians through its license fees and collections
- Re-position public and industry perception of PPL to communicate the positive benefits of the organisation
- Communicate the value of PPL as an organisation with a wealth of data highlighting UK music usage, through the findings of PPL’s unique People’s Charts
- Improve awareness of the legal requirement to having a PPL license among UK businesses through targeted PR and marketing messaging
A one-message-fits all blanket approach hadn’t achieved measurable cut through in the press so Franklin Rae devised tailored, case-study led campaigns that targeted vertical sectors, integral in supporting the company’s business model. Each campaign resonated with key messages, underlining the benefits of playing music in businesses, alongside addressing any issues relating to license fee payments. Franklin Rae’s strategy increased significant awareness amongst the retail, restaurant and beauty industries whilst positioning PPL as a company that protects the commercial rights of the artists in the music sector.
Simultaneously, our 2016 PPL People’s Chart consumer campaign which highlighted the value of PPL’s bank of music data, achieved a total of 65 pieces of national, trade and broadcast coverage including BBC TV Breakfast News, ITV, i newspaper, and Music Week.
Over the duration of our work, PPL saw a significant uplift in licence fee enquiries following each vertical campaign. The company’s corporate image shifted from a policing role, to that of a nurturing organisation and supporter of talent in the music industry.
Keshet International (KI) is the global distribution and production arm for Keshet Media Group. It’s global footprint spans the UK, US, Asia, and Latin America. KI’s content catalogue consists of over 90 properties spanning all genres that appeals to audiences worldwide. It includes hit drama Prisoners of War the original Israeli version of prime time Emmy® winner Homeland, gripping espionage thriller False Flag, and BBC One ratings success family drama The A Word. Franklin Rae was brought on board to handle KI’s corporate PR and deliver a broad PR strategy and international support across US, Latin America and Asian territories.
- Act as the external communications hub for Keshet International and UK
- Support international corporate and consumer press outreach
- Promote the key executive team behind KI and position them as thought leaders
- Deliver a continuous press presence demonstrating momentum and continued success
- Support consumer press outreach surrounding key projects, i.e. Loaded (Channel 4 and AMC) and The A Word (BBC One and Sundance)
Franklin Rae has created and continues to deliver a cohesive PR strategy that has ensured a consistent media spotlight has shone on KI and its projects. Through a diverse content slate and corporate announcements, regular thought leadership placement, company profiles, speaking opportunities, and programme publicity support, the company is regularly featured within domestic and international trade outlets including Broadcast, C21, The Hollywood Reporter, TV Asia, Produ, and Screen Africa.
Strategic support of Keshet’s production slate at key industry markets such as MIPCOM, NATPE and DISCOP has ensured representation across all genres, and has established them as a powerhouse, global distributor. This year Franklin Rae also launched KI to the virtual reality and gaming media with its hotly anticipated VR game Racket: Nx, developed by Keshet International Gaming.
Franklin Rae continues to raise the international profile of Keshet’s senior executives through speaking positions at the Broadcast Commissioning Forum and Future Media.
BAFTA-winning creative agency, Gravity Road is renowned for creating content that consumers want to spend time with. Over the past two years, Franklin Rae has handled the company’s corporate PR communications and in 2016 we were tasked with promoting the agency’s role in re-launching the Design Museum following its relocation to Kensington High Street. The aim was to raise awareness of Gravity Road’s imaginative campaign which incorporates film, social media and out-of-home elements.
- Leverage the project win by creating engaging press material to generate interest among key media
- Cement the key message; Gravity Road produces superior and quality content
- Position Gravity Road as a creative agency with big screen potential
- Promote the aim of Gravity Road’s campaign to get people excited about design
Franklin Rae managed the promotion of the launch event for the new Design Museum, unveiling Gravity Road’s iconic film ‘The Museum That Never Closes’ to key media, creative, and design press.
The over-arching PR strategy encompassed a schedule of press announcements marking key developments in the campaign, from winning the initial contract with the Design Museum to announcing the launch of the film, and promoting the wide-range of creative elements. These were covered widely in core media, such as The Drum, Design Week, Campaign, Shots and Creativity.
Franklin Rae was able to successfully leverage key partners such as Sir John Hegarty, who sits on the board of trustees at the Design Museum to secure a high profile media interview, which lead to a print and online feature in The Drum. Following the successful re-launch of The Design Museum, Franklin Rae continues to establish Gravity Road as a highly creative, integrated agency that creates and delivers on consistently innovative and dynamic content.
Founded in 2015, by award-winning producer Simon Andreae, London-based Naked Entertainment creates and produces non-fiction entertainment formats for TV and all other platforms. Its production portfolio includes; 100% Hotter (season one and two) for 5STAR, Celebrity 100% Hotter for Channel 5 and Britain’s Best Boy Racer for All4. Franklin Rae was brought on board to establish a stronger profile for the indie and communicate its creative and ambitious programming slate.
- Raise Naked Entertainment’s profile as the ‘go to’ producer of high quality, factual entertainment programming amongst domestic and international TV trade press
- Communicate Naked Entertainment’s creative and commercial momentum
- Amplify the profiles of Naked Entertainment’s founder and senior development team
Through strategic announcements of its programme commissions and senior development team, and strong company profile placement in various top tier press, Naked Entertainment is now recognised as one of the UK’s most exciting and audacious fact-ent producers. Franklin Rae focused on strengthening the profile of CEO, Simon Andreae as a leading figure in the non-scripted genre to position him as a go-to opinion for comment on international trade stories. He has featured on panels for highly regarded TV events including the Broadcast Commissioning Forum, Televisual Factual Festival and most recently has been invited to join the advisory board for Realscreen West 2017.