Franklin Rae handled the programme publicity for the sixth series of the UK’s longest running comedy, Trollied, on Sky1. Produced by Roughcut TV, the much-loved show has a stellar ensemble cast, supported by brilliant character-led storylines, writing and production. The challenge in promoting the series was that Trollied is not only a returning show, but one that has returned a previous five times. In general the press prefer to focus on introducing new programmes and series to viewers and readers.
- Drive viewership to the sixth series of Trollied on Sky 1
- Highlight Roughcut TV as the creator & producer of Trollied, the UK’s longest running comedy on Sky
- Communicate the shows ongoing appeal
Despite Trollied being in it’s sixth series, the programme publicity campaign successfully achieved 113 pieces of coverage across broadcast, national print, online and regional press including Radio Two, Lorraine, The Sun, The Times, The Daily Mail, The Guardian, Metro, Sunday Brunch, Radio Times, Closer and New , reaching a print circulation of almost 60million and with a media value of almost £500,000. This contributed to Trollied’s successful run on Sky1, driving sustained viewership across the series and re-inforcing it’s perennial appeal.
Co-founded by Ash Atalla and Tim Sealey, Roughcut TV is the leading comedy production company in the UK, responsible for creating returning hit TV series such as Cuckoo, Trollied, I Live With Models and People Just Do Nothing. Franklin Rae was contracted to generate recognition in the UK and US TV trade press for Roughcut’s programming and creativity whilst communicating its success and expansion into new areas.
- Increase Roughcut TV’s international profile as a leading producer of high quality scripted content
- Communicate and leverage domestic and international commissions
- Build the profile and generate recognition for its founders and creative team
- Introduce new divisions, including branded content and film to the industry
Franklin Rae’s ongoing PR engagement has resulted in an uplift in industry awareness for Roughcut TV and its production slate, strengthening its position as a trailblazer in creating comedy with broad appeal. The company is regularly quoted and is a recognised resource for industry comment in all target top tier UK and international press such as Broadcast, C21, Television Business International, Variety, The Guardian and The Hollywood Reporter. The increased profiles across the executive team has resulted in opportunities to speak at a number of key TV markets and conferences around the world, discussing the company’s ambitions and the latest industry trends..
Asha Atalla, Managing Director of Roughcut TV
Franklin Rae led the publicity campaign for the third series of Roughcut TV’s BAFTA nominated mockumentary People Just Do Nothing as it returned to BBC Three. The campaign gave us an opportunity to engage and expand on the current viewership, and with the show repeating on BBC Two, widen the appeal beyond its traditional demographic.
- Generate awareness of the launch of series 3 on BBC Three in conjunction with the second series repeat on BBC Two
- Drive viewership of the show on both channels
- Build on the show’s existing fan base and drive new viewers to watch series 2 and 3
- Highlight the fantastic writing and production talent associated with the programme, eg. Steve Stamp and Allan Mustafa, alongside Roughcut TV’s Jon Petrie and Ash Atalla
The campaign achieved a significant uplift in consumer awareness for the both series and secured consistently strong editorial coverage across all target consumer press outlets. Our efforts supported the third series of this cult comedy in sustaining strong viewing figures throughout its run culminating in a record high on its finale.
Independent Films is a BAFTA-winning production company responsible for some of the highest profile commercial advertising films in UK and Europe. Franklin Rae worked with the company to announce the launch of Kidspiration.TV, an original online media channel for kids. Working closely with Independent Films’ Managing Director Jani Guest and Media Strategist Laura Galloway, our expertise was enlisted to devise and execute a PR strategy to communicate Kidspiration.TV’s key messages and content offering to TV, creative and advertising trade press whilst, also highlighting Independent Films’ move into original content creation.
- Position Kidspiration.TV as a commercially viable content creator, passionate about producing creative and responsible entertainment programming for children
- Position Kidspiration.TV as a standalone brand/company with its own IP
- Highlight Independent Films’ move into original content creation
We generated positive industry awareness for the channel as the result of a simultaneous UK and international announcement. Coverage appeared in key outlets such as Broadcast, C21, Kidscreen, Worldscreen which referenced Kidspiration.TV as an innovative and refreshingly creative offering for its intended audience. Extended features and interviews secured for the co-creators of the platform appeared within premium trade titles; The Drum, Shots, Adage and Campaign.
Leveraging on the excellent exposure of the launch, Franklin Rae secured two speaker engagements on panel sessions at the world’s leading children’s content conference, MIPJunior. This assisted Jani Guest and Laura Galloway in further amplifying Kidspiration.TV’s key messages to leading international broadcast producers, industry executives and potential brand partners.
S4C is the only Welsh language television channel in the world. As a public service broadcaster, it commissions independent producers from across Wales to make the majority of its programmes. Franklin Rae was tasked by S4C to promote the second series of S4C’s flagship show Y Gwyl/Hinterland and demonstrate its success by announcing the commission for series three.
Position S4C as the champion of British bilingual drama and a creative force in the industry
- Drive viewership to the second series of Y Gwyll/Hinterland on S4C
- Position S4C as the primary broadcaster and co-producer of the series and continue to highlight the unique co-production model with Fiction Factory and all3media
- Demonstrate the shows continued success
Franklin Rae executed a successful programme publicity campaign and secured national coverage for Y Gwyll/Hinterland
Coverage was secured across broadcast, national, regional and trade press including C21Media, TBI vision, The Guardian, The Huffington Post, The Radio Times and The Metro